Are you one of the 1.7 million people who joined the group on Facebook to show how much you miss the planet formerly known as Pluto? Or are you active in a network like Brazen Careerist or Seattle 2.0 because thatâ€™s the professional circle you hang with?
People are passionate about joining other like-minded individuals. This is one of the main reasons why I love the work I do at Jolkona managing our various communities and working with our passionate team of volunteers. And this idea of â€œcommunityâ€ is something that is engrained in our vision of making giving fun and a part of every day life.
In going with this vision, Iâ€™m excited to announce the Jolkona Giving Communities feature weâ€™re rolling out on Jolkona.org today. This feature was created as an easy way for you to organize your friends, colleagues, and extended network and view the overall impact youâ€™re making together.
These giving communities can be whatever you want them to be and are a fun way to see the change your network is making in the world.
How do you join a giving community?
Community membership is open to every single Jolkona donor. To join a community, follow these steps:
- Go to the community page â€“ either through the communities homepage or through the specific communityâ€™s page
- Click the orange “Join community” in the upper right hand corner
- Log into your Jolkona account
- Congratulations, youâ€™ve just joined one of Jolkona’s first giving communities!
You can always leave a community if itâ€™s no longer applicable to you. (But why would you want to do that?)
Want to create your own community?
- Go to this page and fill out the form to start a giving community.
- Upload a picture, include your hashtag to make your community more social, etc.
- Invite your friends to join your community and start tracking your impact.
Community owners can always edit the content on community pages.
What do you think about this feature?
Play with it, try it out, and let me know what you think in the comments. Also, are there any features that youâ€™d like to see us add in the future?
Weâ€™re excited to hear what you think!