When we announced the Give Health campaign earlier this month, we had an even bigger goal than our first matched campaign â€“ raise $7,000 for public health projects to be matched by a fund created by a group of anonymous donors, doubling the overall impact and donations to $14,000. Â Members of the Jolkona community came together to launch this campaign and see it through â€“ we are excited to announce that last Monday, November 15th Give Health was fully funded!
Together, in just over two weeks, hereâ€™s the impact we made towards public health around the world:
- 38 children saved from diarrhea in India
- 2 doctors visits provided in Bangladesh
- 8 HIV+ children in Cambodia received 6 months of medicines
- 2 sets of farming tools provided in Nicaragua
- 60 children fed in Uganda for 38 weeks each
- 4 children in Sierra Leone each received 1 year of medicines & vitamins
- 2 cataract surgeries provided in Bangladesh
- 2 bags of seeds provided in Nicaragua
- 4 days of medical supplies provided in Bangladesh
- 2 elderly people in China received care for 1 year
- 2 temporary latrines provided in Haiti
Thank you to everyone in the Jolkona community for your tremendous support!
For those who donated, you will receive proof of impact for the donation you made and the donation Give Health matched on your behalf. Matched gifts will be added to your accounts in January and you will receive proofs of impact once the projects are implemented.
Investing in public health doesnâ€™t stop here
You can continue to see support of public health projects on the campaign page and by viewing the overall impact weâ€™re making towards the UN Millennium Development Goals and other projects around the world.