In honor of International Women’s Day, March 8, Jolkona is launching our 4th annual Give to Girls campaign. All month long, we will bring you opportunities to help girls and women in nine countries.
By supporting women’s education, health and empowerment, we can create sustainable economic development and reduce poverty locally and globally. By working with Jolkona and our Give to Girls partners, you can help, too — starting with just $5. As U.N. Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon states:
This International Women’s Day, we are highlighting the importance of achieving equality for women and girls not simply because it is a matter of fairness and fundamental human rights, but because progress in so many other areas depends on it.
Welcome to Give to Girls 2014! This year’s projects:
- Educate Enslaved Nepali Girls – Work with the Nepal Youth Foundation (NYF) to liberate these girls, return them to their homes, and give them a chance at a productive future.
- Provide Education for Females in Afghanistan – Sponsor a girl or woman in Afghanistan through Barakat, as she becomes literate for life. You will help to improve literacy rates for women in Afghanistan.
- Provide Education to Girls in Liberia – Fund a scholarship with More Thank Me (MTM) to a girl in one of the poorest nations, giving her the uniform, school supplies, and mentorship needed for her to succeed.
- Support Safe Births in Palestine – Help MADRE provide equipment and training to Palestinian and Israeli midwives as they help women in the West Bank safely deliver babies.
- Reduce Infant Mortality in Guatemala – Support Project Concern International’s Casa Materna project as they provide comprehensive prenatal and maternal care for Mayan women.
- Provide Prenatal Care in India – Help Calcutta Kids provide a woman in the slums of Calcutta have a safe pregnancy and delivery.
- Support Women Farmers in Sudan – Provide seeds and tools and training through MADRE to help women in Sudan generate income for their communities.
- Give Tech and Life Skills to Homeless Women in the USA – Help the Jubilee Women’s Center help homeless women in the Seattle area become competitive in todays job market.
- Support Rape Survivors in Haiti Displacement Camps – Aid MADRE as they provide immediate assistance for rape survivors, and support anti-violence strategies in communities.
Give Together Bonus
Starting at $10, you can also Give Together — contributing to a collective grant and helping us choose which project related to women and girls gets the community’s pool of donations this month.
With your support in these three key areas, not only will more women have social and economic opportunities, but the whole world will benefit from a ripple effect of change. Thank you for your support!