Yesterday Jolkona launched a Groupon campaign to support a 10-week training fellowship for women grassroots leaders from around the world. This is a great campaign on so many levels. I decided to share my top 10 reasons why this is an awesome campaign.
10 Reasons to Support Women Grassroots Leadership Training through Jolkona
- According to the World Food Programme, for every dollar invested in a woman in a developing part of the globe, $0.90 of it will be spent on the woman’s family or community. So your dollars are going a long way.
- Women spend a lot of time with their children, setting great examples for the next generation on how to impact society.
- Women are proven community leaders. The training received by these women will be transferred to the rest of the community.
- Every one of these women is a great collaborator. Upon their return home, the impact of the training they receive in Seattle will be magnified through their collaborations with others.
- These women are champions of a fairer society. Your support for this campaign will lead to more just societies where these women live.
- After the training, these women leaders will be equipped with additional resources to grow their already high-impact programs.
- Through this training, women grassroots leaders will share best practices with each other. This sharing of ideas will lead to increased efficiency for each of their programs.
- All of Seattle will be able to learn from these leaders’ innovative approaches to solving problems in their societies, fostering deeper engagement by the Seattle community in international development
- This program works. Watch this video from the 2010 Women in the World Breakfast about the impact it had on a participant from last year.
- For every $10 donation you make to our campaign on Groupon, the Seattle International Foundation will match it, doubling your impact. Plus Groupon is covering all transaction fees, channeling 100% to go towards this cause.
If you can give a $1 for each of these reasons, then you will consider buying our Groupon deal for only $10.
You can read more about this unique program here to build capacity among a new generation of women grassroots leaders. With your support, these women leaders will be catalysts for positive change in their institutions and communities.