When we announced the Give to Educate (Give2ED) campaign two weeks ago, we had a big goal ahead of us â€“ raise $4,000 in donations for education projects that will be matched, dollar for dollar, by one generous donor named Brandon.
Members of the Jolkona community answered Brandonâ€™s call to â€œget off the sidelinesâ€ and make a difference in the lives of children and adults around the world through education. We are excited to announce that on Monday, February 21st, Give to Educate was fully funded!
Together, in two weeks, hereâ€™s the impact we made towards education around the world:
- 2 scholarships provided in Guatemala
- 2 students supported through summer program in China
- 2 months of school transportation provided in Tanzania
- 4 girls educated in Afghanistan
- 2 scholarship endowments set up in Bangladesh
- 34 months of tuition fees provided in Guatemala
- 2 years of practical skills training provided in NIger
- 100 books provided in China
- 4 students received books in Kenya
- 2 months of secondary education provided in Uganda
- 2 months of university education covered in Guatemala
- 4 students received tech tools and trainings in USA
- 16 semesters of education expenses covered in India
- 14 chairs supplied to schools in Sierra Leone
- 2 classes received books in Rwanda
- 2 years of public education sponsored in Pakistan
- 2 children sponsored in Bangladesh
- 14 months of computer training provided in Guatemala
- 2 students attended day school in China
Thank you to everyone in the Jolkona community for your tremendous support!
For those who donated, you will receive proof of impact for the donation you made and the donation Give to Educate matched on your behalf. Matched gifts will be added to your account by the end of March and you will receive a proof of impact once our partners implement each project.
We would also like to thank Brandon for being a pioneer in sponsoring this campaign. At Jolkona, we believe that individuals can make a huge difference in the world and small donations add up to create a big impact. Through Give to Educate, Brandon inspired each one of us to donate and double our collective impact; the goal was not $4,000, but $8,000 total.
Thank you, Brandon the philanthropist, for leading this campaign and choosing Jolkona as your choice for giving.
Investing in education doesnâ€™t stop here
You can continue to see the support of education projects on the campaign page and by viewing the overall impact the Jolkona community is making towards the UNÂ Millennium Development GoalsÂ and other projects around the world.
Oh, and stay tuned, because we have even more exciting things to announce in the coming weeks!