When we announced the MatchED Campaign, we had a big goal ahead of us – raise $5,000 in donations for education projects that will be matched, dollar for dollar, by Waggener Edstrom, doubling the overall impact and funds to $10,000. MatchED was designed to last one month and we are excited to announce that on Monday, Sept. 19th, MatchED was fully funded!
Together, in just one week, here’s the impact we made towards education around the world:
- Books supplied to 10 classes in Rwanda
- 12 girls educated in Afghanistan
- 2 student in Kenya received school supplies
- 2 Tibetan Student attended summer program
- 80 books supplied in Tibet
- 4 year-long scholarships given in Zambia
- 22 months of tutoring provided in Guatemala
- 4 students in USA got tech tools
- 4 chairs provided to students in Sierra Leone
- 12 Tibetan students educated
- 28 year-long scholarships given in Guatemala
- 2 events sponsored at a US school
- 16 desks provided to a Zambian school
We are thankful to everyone in the Jolkona community for your tremendous support!
For those who donated, you will receive proof of impact for the donation you made and the donation Waggener Edstrom matched on your behalf. Matched gifts will be added to your account in mid-October and you will receive proofs of impact once the projects are implemented.
We are also thankful to Waggener Edstrom for their partnership, leadership, and support of this campaign. We look forward to partnering with them as well as other businesses in the future with campaigns that help further engage the corporate and social sectors.
Investing in education doesn’t stop here.
You can continue to see the support of education projects on the campaign page and by viewing the overall impact we’re making towards the U.N. Millennium Development Goals and other projects around the world.
On our blog, we’ll be sharing stories about the importance of supporting education projects around the world. We have some great guests posts lined up and we’re excited to share them with you!