The goal of Jolkona Foundation is to use technology to give socially minded individuals like yourself an easy way to make a difference around the world, where your dollar will go a long way and “every drop will truly count!”
Here is what we have accomplished thus far:
- We are proud to announce that we have recruited a board of directors consisting of very accomplished and diverse leaders.
- We have started to recruit for our Advisory Board.
- We have started recruiting volunteers to help us with tasks like marketing, fundraising, etc.
- We have submitted the 501c(3) paperwork and are now just waiting for the approval, which usually takes 6-12 months.
- We have raised over $2,500 so far and have spent about $1,500 on filing fees and services so far.
- We have started a blog on our website to keep folks updated about our work.Â You can read the blog at http://blog.jolkona.org . You can subscribe to the blog here.
We believe that change starts with ordinary people doing
extraordinary things to make a difference!
Here’s how YOU can help:
- In order for us to build this website and our partnerships we will incur some start-up expenses so we are humbly asking for ANY donations you can give to help us get started… and remember that no amount is too small! You can donate securely through paypal on the website at www.jolkona.org or mail checks to Jolkona Foundation, PO Box 2153, Kirkland, WA 98083. (You can also pay by credit card but they will deduct 2% for their fees so we do ask for you to either use your bank account securely through paypal or just mail in a check.)
- We are still looking to hire some developers once our website design is finished so if you know anyone who is interested that you can recommend that would be great!
- We are looking for volunteers to help us broaden the reach of Jolkona Foundation and help us get our message to as many people as possible.Â If you would like to volunteer your time and/or skills, please let us know. We are confident that we can find something that will be rewarding and challenging for you.
- We want to build a diverse partnership base that people would enjoy supporting.Â If there are any particular causes that you would like our foundation partner with, please contact us.
We appreciate your patience in reading through this long email. We REALLY hope you can help us out with any contribution…small or large!Â Also, please note that any contributions will reveive a retroactive tax deduction once we are approved for our 501(c)3 status.
Please please please forward this information to friends, family, co-workersâ€¦ anyone and encourage them to help out too!